HP printers are multipurpose printers, you can use them to print and scan documents and images. But first let’s see what the requirements for printing a good quality picture are. If you want to print any photo, first thing is to find the right quality of paper which is compatible with your printer. You will also require a printer software installed in your computer and internet connection. Another thing is that the ink should be installed properly in the ink cartridges and use the same brand ink as of the printer. Your photo must be ready with all the edits you want to make. Printing a photo is not a difficult process. If you are making a print in HP printer. Load the paper in the main paper tray in a correct way. Place or load the paper vertically in the printer. HP also gives you the option of customizing the size and other details before printing a photo. Let’s have a look at step by step process on how do I print 4X6 photos on my HP printer. Follow the steps mentioned below.
Steps to print 4X6 photos:
- Switch on your printer.
- Empty the input tray of all the paper previously installed in the printer.
- Load 4X6 paper in the tray with the glossy side facing up.
- The paper guides should touch the paper edges.
- On your computer, open the photo that you want to print.
- Go to the main menu and select file.
- Chose the print option there and press the control and P key combination on your keyboard.
- Go to the printer settings and make the changes. Select the paper size as 4X6.
- Select the paper type as photo.
- Then, press the print button.
You can just select the documents and images from your phone and directly make a print. Open and select the photo you want to make a print. Now, click on the three-dot menu on the side. You will see the print option. Click on that. Then tap on the select printer option. Click on the name of your printer from the list. Select the size of the paper as 4X6. Customize other details. Then click on the printer icon.
Related HP Printer Errors: WPS pin for hp deskjet 2600, find ip address of hp printer
As mentioned above, one of the basic and most important requirements to make good prints is that printer should have enough ink. Your HP printer or any other printer will work smoothly only if there is good quality ink in the cartridges. The details of your printer can be viewed in the device your printer is currently connected to. Before replacing the ink cartridges, you must check the ink levels and see if they ink cartridges need to be replaced. The steps for how to change my ink levels on HP printer are quite simple. You just have to navigate to settings and follow the steps mentioned below.
Steps to check ink levels on HP printer:
- Turn on the printer.
- There must be a Windows notification area at the bottom-right corner of your desktop.
- You would see a printer icon. Click on the printer icon.
- You will see a drop down menu. Select the “properties” or “preferences” option.
- The ink levels are displayed in the printer’s setting window for the currently installed ink cartridges
If you find the ink levels are low, you can move on to replacing the ink cartridges.